Colts Cricket at Henfield
Welcome to another season of Colts cricket at Henfield CC. All the information you need about the Colts section is available here, including Fixtures, Results, and Contacts
20th May - Under 12 vs. Burgess Hill II - League, Home
Henfield 89-2 (16 overs) Jordon Smith 27*
Burgess Hill 67-7 (16 overs) Jake Blackburn 18*, Jordon Smith 5-8
Henfield won by 22 runs
Match Report ... Scorecard ...
18th May - Under 10 vs. Burgess Hill St. Andrews - League, Home
St. Andrews won
Age Groups and Times
Training and math times are as follows:
|Age Group||Match Day||Training|
|Under 15||Mondays 6:00||Thursdays 6:30 - 8:00|
|Under 14||Tuesdays 6:00||Thursdays 6:30 - 8:00|
|Under 12||Mondays 6:00||Thursdays 6:30 - 8:00|
|Under 10||Saturday 10:00||Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:30|
|Under 8||Variable||Tuesdays 3:30 - 4:30|
Thursday training will begin at 6:00 in May
There will be additional development training available to invited players starting in May - dates and times to be published soon
Volunteer Opportunities - Be Involved
Volunteers are always highly valued, and without you we are unable to run junior cricket to the standard required by the ECB. This Volunteer Opportunities document explains all the roles we are currently looking to fill. If you think you can spare any time at all, particularly to supervise and provide lifts on match days, please get in touch with your age group manager / coach.
Information for Parents
Would parents and all young players please note:
- You (U8/U10/U12) or your young players (U14/ U15)] must sign in at the start and sign out at the end of each session. The Club cannot be responsible for young players outside of the training times. If you have any difficulty delivering or collecting, please advise us of your alternative arrangements.
- All Colts should come to training sessions dressed like cricketers - i.e. wearing a cricket shirt (Henfield CC shirt / training shirt / Sussex / England etc…), tracksuit trousers or shorts (not white trousers - we know what it is to wash them!!), and suitable sports trainers.
- For all hardball cricket, it is mandatory for boys to wear a protective box for batting. If he doesn't have and wear a box, he will not be allowed to bat – for his own safety. Please make sure they he wears underpants that will hold a box - boxer shorts are cool and comfortable, but they are not suitable for cricket for this reason. Please note that this does not apply to U9s as we use a soft ball, but we will review this when we see the quality of matches we are playing.
- At ALL times, young players using a hard cricket ball MUST wear a helmet, box and pads. There are no exceptions to this rule, even if parents are supervising net play outside of club hours.
- During published club training times, hardball practice is permitted ONLY when a qualified coach is supervising.
Our policies are all available for you to read - please make sure that you have downloaded a copy.
This coming season we will be running league teams at U15, U14, U12, and U10. U8 will play friendlies only. Our lead coaches are:
- Development Manager - Ken Scott
- U15 / U14
- Lead Coach - Richard Dale
- Asst. Coach - Conway Thorns
- U15 Manager - Brett Wellby
- U14 Manager - Michael Cleary
- Lead Coach - Ken Scott
- Coach - Craig Scott
- U12 Manager - tba
- Manager - Emma Osman
- Lead Coach - Ben Helps
- Assts. - Ben Helps, Darren Sellwood, Rick Thorn
- Manager - Tammy Garmston
- Lead Coach - David Hodgkin